Thursday 2 May 2013

Sinderella

I was really excited to see a new nail polish display while shopping in my local Boots last month (I haven't blogged in a while! oops). I was even more excited when I saw the Sinful Colors bottles, and in particular this colour ....

 photo P1130004_zps9cd9b604.jpg


This is Sinful Colors Cinderella, this little beaut caused quite a stir between US bbloggers last year, and is a polish I could only wish I would some day own, so when I saw it sat on the shelf (there were only two left)! I snatched it and ran to the checkout. I was in such a rush I didn't even stop to see what other colours could have lurked there. So silly of me!

On first inspection the colour reminded me of a Revlon polish released last year named Blue Lagoon, that I skipped on. I loved the colour, but having purchased the yellow first (Sunshine Sparkle), with which I experienced severe bubbling, no matter what top coat I used or how long I allowed the polish to dry in between coats, it really put me off Revlon. But Cinderella's glitter is a little different, its not straight up glitter, or shimmer, its not flakies neither, the best way to describe it is flecks, small flecks of pinky-orange glitter as apposed the the shimmer in Blue Lagoon. I can see why this polish was so popular across the pond.


 photo P1120972_zps19170796.jpg

 photo P1120988_zps14afb47b.jpg


The formula is thick but runny, I know thats an oxymoron, but if you have tried this polish then you will know what I mean. The polish wants to be gloopy, but then it will start to run off the nail into your cuticles. Sinful Colors = flooded cuticles, but for just £1.99 who cares about that? I recommend thin coats to build up the colour gradually, this is 4 thin coats.

As you can see my bottle is unfortunatly defunktive, the brush hasn't been finished properly which caused me difficulty when applying the polish. It also shed quite a bit during the application. I've never had this happen to me before so I don't really know what to do. Whats acceptable in this situation? I like the colour so I don't really want to return it, but this brush is useless to me.

 photo P1120966_zps2c6e3de5.jpg


Have you tried Sinful Colors yet? what shades do you recommend?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I've bought a few of the sinful colours now, havent tried them all yet, but two i've liked have been Innocent, and Easy Going. Sooooo slow to dry though! That colour looks great on you x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd be interested to see how Been Innocent compares to DID it on 'Em from the OPI, Nicki Minaj colab. Easy going looks like a lovely pinky nude. enjoy! x

      Delete