Saturday 4 September 2010

NOTD - Coney Island Cotton Candy

I threw this baby on for work yesterday. I wanted a nice easy colour that wouldn't show too much if it chipped, I work alot with my hands so I normally change my nail colour every day to keep my nails looking in good condition.

Nude is a good transitional from the summer brights into autumn/dark shades so anything like Tickle my France-y, Barefoot in Barcelona or even Pearl of Wisdom would do. But I went for Coney Island Cotton Candy, my bf picked it out blind from my collection and I hadn't tried it before! so I decided to give it a whirl. I could not believe how many compliments I got!!




I cant show you it on my nails, I didn't use a top coat and after a full day at work they are a chipped and nasty, so here's another bottle shot with a similar/cheaper and perhaps more accessible alternative; Beauty UK Glam Nails in Peach Melba- no. 48



I don't like the consistency of the Peach Melba too much, its not terrible by any means, but I did have to use 3-4 coats to get consistent colour (CICC was 2-3), maybe a steadier hand would do better? For just under £2 its not a bad buy and they have a cute range of colours, there is a dusty mauve I would like to try. Expect another nail polish haul soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment