As you could probably all guess by the name of my blog, I love cupcakes, baking cupcakes, eating cupcakes, all of the above. Baking for me is fun and I love to bake for my friends and family or just anyone! I can't wait for someone in our family to have a baby so I can have an excuse to make some really cute birthday cakes!!
I just love cupcakes! So I thought I would share the love with all of you guys!
To kick things off I thought I would start with a super easy recipe, something maybe you could make with children as a really fun Easter treat! (I wouldn't suggest this treat too often, you will see what I mean when you see the ingredients ... Yikes)!
Easter Egg Nests.
6 Mars Bars chopped
6 oz Butter
4 1/2 oz Corn Flakes (you can use rice crispies or even shredded wheat if you want a more authentic "nest look to your cakes)
Mini Eggs (for decoration)
Cute Cupcake Cases
1. In a Bain-marie melt the chopped Mars bars and butter and stir until all ingredients have melted and well combined. Don't worry if you don't have a Bain-marie, a simple alternative is to use a Pyrex bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, don't let the water touch the bowel though!
Don't worry if your mixture looks like it has curdled! this is normal. keep stirring or switch to using a whisk to help everything combine.
2. Remove your chocolate mixture from the heat and stir in your cornflakes until all are even coated with chocolate.
3. Spoon your mixture into the cupcake cases. I like to keep the cupcake cases in a bun tin, even though this recipe doesn't call for baking the mixture, it will help the cakes to keep their shape.
4. When all the mixture is evenly distributed, place three mini eggs in the centre of each one.
5. Allow to cool overnight in the refridgerator. This is the hardest bit! waiting to eat them!!
Let me know if you have tried this fun and easy Easter treat recipe! and don't forget you can share photos on makeroomforcupcake fb
Happy Easter :)