Friday 11 January 2013

Goodbye 2012 Tag



What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?My boyfriend, C and I bought our first home together.


Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make new years' resolutions because I never keep to them. But the diet will start again this year, and I'm going on a job hunt. I have realised that I have peaked in my current job and want to start looking for other options. Right after I finish writing this post, I am going to send an email about starting a NVQ through work, and hopefully in six months time I will have finished my Bookkeeping course.



Did anyone close to you give birth?
No 2012 babies, we're not ready for that yet

What countries did you visit?
None :( which is very unusual for me, but we had a lot of expenses in 2012. This year we are hoping to visit France and Italy again, but we shall see...

What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Motivation to work out! in 2011 I dropped 2 dress sizes, went running every day and climbed to the top of an active volcano. I want to get back to that!



What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
The day that we finally signed on our home, and got the keys :)



What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying our first home.



What was your biggest failure?
Not quite paying off all our debt :( although a HUGE chunk has been paid off which is great!

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was very lucky in 2012, not even a sniffle.

What was the best thing you bought?
My new iMac for our house. 
Our house.



Where did most of your money go?
Towards things for our home.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Making our house a home! and by that I mean rescuing this little baby ... 
Photobucket



her name is Luna and she is gorgeous. We adopted her from Cats Protection just before Christmas, but had to wait until the new year to take her home.

What song will always remind you of 2012?
I don't think I have one... if I think of anything I will edit it in

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
A little bit of both, Happier- we have our own home
Sadder - that stresses me out.

Thinner or fatter?
Probably about the same, but I feel fatter :(

Richer or poorer?
Poorer, unfortunately both C and I were made redundant this year :( but we are still very much in love, we have our beautiful new home and a new arrival so in so many ways we are richer.

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel and spend more time with family. I feel like we have missed so many milestones this year because of work.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry and stress over the little things that don't matter.
Oh and spending! I NEED to cut back.

Who were your best friends?
C is my best friend (awww) and the people I worked with, we had a great team!

What thing did you do that was meaningful to others?
Visiting my family more often, we are all scattered so its nice to see everyone together in one place. I know it means a lot to my mum.

What were your favorite TV programs?
As always - Gossip Girl; I can't believe it ended this year! PLL; still love it. 2 Broke Girls and The Big Bang Theory, I only recently discovered this show, and I don't know how I lived without it before!








Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't want to hate anyone or send out negative vibes.

What was the best book you read in 2012?
I don't read a great deal, but I did read the Hunger Games trilogy before the film was released and I loved every minute. It didn't end how I thought it would though, and I'm not sure on Miley Cyrus, bf playing Gale.



What was your greatest musical discovery?
Does Glee count? lol

What did you want and get?
I have so many wonderful things to be thankful for this year I don't know where to start.

What did you want but did NOT get?
I was very lucky this year and got everything I could have wised for

What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't really see much this year at the cinema, I enjoyed The Expendables 2 and the Hunger Games, but again it was spoilt by Miley Cyrus' bf.




What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 in March, we just had a romantic, home-cooked meal.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No redundancy!

What kept you sane?
My bf and my parents who have been such a help to me this year.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not really anyone.

What political issue stirred you the most?
The incinerator they are trying to built in my home town, where my parents still live that could potentially be damaging to their health. Not happy at all about that.



Who did you miss?
C's brother, who moved to London this year and we have only seen him once :(

Who was the best new person you met this year? 
Theres too many!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Don't worry, be happy! 
(does that count? lol)


If you have done this tag please leave your links in the comments.
If you haven't, they why not! I tag you!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment