Friday 18 January 2013

My top OPI picks for Winter

Unlucky for some! Today I an going to share with you my top 13 OPI nail polishes for the winter months.

 photo P1110912_zps5498b799.jpg

As the weather changes and starts to get colder I start to crave the darker polish colours, and its definitely colder here in the UK. We have just started to see the first flurries of snow this past week.

The polishes are in no specific order I love them all.


 photo P1110908_zps1d39507b.jpg

 photo ScreenShot2013-01-18at171213_zpsf79cd7a1.png


(Tickle My France-y, Pirouette My Whistle, Designer de... Better)

First up is Tickle My France-y from A/W 2008 La Collection de France, a really pretty, soft nude colour, very work appropriate and clean looking, great for the effortless polished look.

Next is a glitter, because no collection would be complete without one! At the moment I am loving Pirouette My Whistle from the NYC Ballet Soft Shades collection this year.  If there was ever such a thing as a pastel glitter, this would be it, very soft and delicate - great over nude colours. This colour reminds me of glitter snow inside a snow globe, perfect for winter.

Designer de... Better! from the 2011 Muppets collection is a beautiful champagne foil with small copper flecks. I love this colour for winter, in fact this was the base colour for my nail art that I wore to my works Christmas party last year.

I had to include this next one, it was an impulse buy for #OrangeOctober that I ended up falling head over heels for. Deutsch You Want Me Baby? is from this years Germany Collection for Fall Winter and  is a gorgeous bright orange shimmer that glows, It doesn't have to be all gloom and doom during the winter months! Before DYWMB? my favourite winter orange would have been either Ginger Bells or Take The Stage.



(Deutsch You Want Me Baby?)


Now were into the reds, which I don't typically wear, I certainly don't like the bright pillar box reds or orangey red colours. I tend to go for more burgundy, Bordeaux shades; The first is Can You Tapas This?  from the 2009 Coleccion de Espana a brown-y red colour that screams winter to me.

All A-Bordeaux the Sled! from 2009 Holiday Wishes collection, again a brownish red, darker than CYTT, beautiful for Christmas!

and I had to include a shimmer. Which is Glove You So Much from the same collection. A pretty maroon shimmer that really glows from within.


 photo ScreenShot2013-01-18at171203_zpsba27dbf2.png

(Can You Tapas This? All A-Bordeaux the Sled, Glove You So Much)


Transitioning into purples now, again I have a creme finish and a shimmer. The shimmer is Visions Of Sugarplum, which was an Ulta US exclusive,  its a dark purple with bright purple flecks throughout that dance in the light. This polish was so hard to find (being as I live in the UK) but I think I found this bottle on Amazon last year.

My favourite purple creme polish is Sapphire in the Snow, again another polish from Holiday Wishes, and another that was hard to find. This polish can only be describes as a dark blurple and is enchanting. If you can find it, I highly recommend this shade!

Moving onto blues, I love so many but I have settled on two to show you. Both are from fairly recent collections so if you wanted to check them out they should be easily available to you.


(Into the Night, Swimsuit... Nailed it)

Into The Night from the Spider-man Collection and Swimsuit... Nailed It! from 2011 Miss Universe summer collection. Both are not your typical winter navy blue shade. Into the Night, a metallic indigo frosty blue, be aware of visible brush stokes!  and Swimsuit .... Nailed It! is a beautiful rich, royal blue foil that really pops when you wear it.


(Into The Night.)


My last two polishes are green shades; Ski Teal We Drop is a rich teal creme polish that actually shows teal on your nails and isn't one of those colours that just looks black when you have applied it. and Cuckoo for this Colour is a dark forest green with a subtle hint of shimmer and glitter, I always get so many compliments when I wear this colour. Whats not to like?!


(Ski Teal We Drop, Cuckoo For This Colour.)


So that's my top 13 OPI nail polishes for Winter.

Have you tried any of these colours? which do you like/don't you like?


2 comments:

  1. Nice picks! I have only a few of those but some on my wishlist too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones do you have? OPI make the best polishes in my opinion.
      xoxo

      Delete