Todays Treat is a recipe ...
Have you ever wondered what to do with all that excess pumpkin after carving Jack-o'-lanterns?
Heres a fun recipe for savoury muffins, why not give them a spin?
You will need:
275 g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Caster Sugar
100 g Grated Cheese
275 g Grated Pumpkin
2 tbsp Chives
85 g Melted Butter
175 ml Skimmed Milk
Pumpkin Seeds to Sprinkle
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 ºC (Gas Mark 5).
2. In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients.
3. Stir in the cheese, chives and pumpkin into the dry mixture.
(I wish I had used a larger bowl now)!
4. In another bowl beat together the eggs, melted butter (allow to cool) and the milk.
5. Add into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
(Defiantly needed a larger bowl).
6. Distribute the mixture evenly into muffin cases and sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds
(oops I forgot the pumpkin seeds)!
7. Cook for 25-30 minutes
Don't they smell wonderful?!
Let me know if you try this recipe and how they turn out!
I found this recipe here